Accent Modification Training
Our accent modification training teaches clients how to improve pronunciation of vowels and consonants, intonation/pitch, syllable stress, word stress, and linking words together for smoother speech. Clients will also learn strategies to help improve overall speech intelligibility (i.e., being understood by others, appropriate rate and volume of speech, appropriate pausing). Other areas of speech and language that could be included in the program: how to use smoother speech to sound more like a native English speaker, the differences between casual, relaxed speech and more formal, careful speech, and idoms / slang words. Some of the sessions could include practicing: presentations, vocabulary that is specific to their degree, research, or job, informal and formal conversations, and interviewing skills.
Pediatric Speech and Language Therapy:
We provide assessment and therapy for the following:
- Articulation / Apraxia of Speech / Phonological Processing
- Receptive and Expressive Language Disorders
- Pragmatics and Social Skills
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC)
- Dysfluency (Stuttering)
- Intake/consultation over the phone (free)
- Complete forms (Agreement, intake form, case history)
- Schedule a screening or an evaluation
- Following the screening and/or evaluation you will be provided recommendations for goals and the amount of services
Please contact us for a 15 minute free consultation.